Around Provo Birding, no Mew Gull

     I went out looking for birds on this beautiful day. The day itself was rewarding enough, but some beautiful birds. The Ross's Goose was not in Springville this morning, but did see it there yesterday. Also seen was a Barn Owl at the old Kuhnis compound in Provo. There were 10 Wood Ducks at the wood duck location on 2710 west in Provo, also a Brown Creeper was a nice surprise to see in the valley. There were plenty of Herring Gulls at the Provo Boat Harbor, but I didn't have a scope to scan all the gulls. There are hundreds here to look through. This is possibly where the Mew Gull has gone too. At the East Bay ponds near Kuhni road there were 8 Greater Yellowlegs and a Ring-necked Duck. I saw 40+ species on my day out and there were no gulls at Powell Slough at all. I would check the gulls at the state park/boat harbor.

KC Childs