ucb field trip reminder

Please join us at the Southeast corner of the Provo Airport Dike this Sunday for The Big Sit.

October 9th (Sun): Utah County Birders Field Trip - The Big Sit! - The Big Sit is like a Big Day in that the object is to tally as many bird species as can be seen or heard within 24 hours. The difference lies in the area limitation (inside a 17-foot circle) from which you can observe. Hundreds of teams from around the world will be sitting on Oct. 9th. We will sit on the East side of the Provo Airport Dike where the moat makes the first bend (where the mud flats are this year, Southeast Corner). We sat at the airport dike last year, 2004, and counted 45 species, in 2003 we counted 53. Everyone is invited to join for the whole day or any part of it, come and leave when you want. We will start at 6:00 A.M. and end after dark (We may take a break mid afternoon ~2-5pm). Our goal is to beat our 2003 high count of 53 species.