Springville-Genola birding

Erich Huish and myself ran out to do some birds or prey watching. Right as we exited the south Springville exit off the freeway we saw a Prarie Falcon. This was my very first sighting of a Prarie Falcon in Utah County. It has been the thorn in my side for the longest time. It was bird 241 for Utah County. We ended up seeing two other sightings of a Prarie Falcon in the area. There were at least two seperate birds, maybe 3. Also right in the area was a Rough-Legged Hawk. We also saw the Eurasion-collared Doves at River Lane. Later in the town of Genola near the LDS Church in town we saw 3 more Eurasion-collared Doves on a haystack. This was only the second area in Utah County that Eric and I have seen EuCoDoves. We ended up seeing 32 species of birds on this loop from Springville to Genola. It was fun to see all the birds or prey, we saw 6 species along the route. Hope everyone is enjoying the winter birding.

KC Childs

Do you Yahoo!?