Saturday-Monday birding

     On Saturday Eric Huish and I ran out to go birding west of the lake. Some of the highlights included birds like Juniper Titmouse, Pinyon Jays and Orange Crowned Warblers, Mountain Bluebirds and a Golden Eagle were in Cedar Valley, this is where the towns of Eagle Mountain, Cedar Fort and Fairfield are. We went up Lake Mountain. on a canyon up we saw birds like Bushtits. At the top we were surprised to see a large flock of Chukars near 8000 feet. On our way down Israel Canyon which is also up Lake Mountain we saw a not so common for this time of year Hermit Thrush.
     On Sunday I ran up South Fork of Provo Canyon to look for Ruffed Grouse. This seems to be a good time of year for them up there. I have got them about 50 percent of the time I have gone up there. Also seen Turkeys and Blue Grouse this time of year up there. Well I was able to see a nice looking Ruffed Grouse. But neither of the latter.
     Today on the pond west of Geneva Steel there were Two Horned Grebes. First I have seen since the spring. Hope all is well. I am glad that people were able to see the Pygmy Owl up at Aspen Grove.

KC Childs

Do you Yahoo!?