Powell Slough

I have been watching Powell Slough the last two days.
Yesterday I saw 4 Wood Ducks at the pond behind the
Orem Water Treatment Plant. Today Eric Huish and I
went out to the area accessed from University Parkway
in Orem. Eric and I were able to hear Virgina Rails
and Soras calling. Just thought I would mention that.
Also there was a large number of American Pipits along
the beaches of the Utah Lake State Park. Powell Slough
is accessed if you stay on University Parkway just
west of I-15. You go through the light at Geneva Road
and University Parkway. It is located down near a
jogging track in the buisness park along University
Parkway. I hope everyone is out enjoying the birds.

KC Childs

http://shopping.yahoo.com