Fw: Re: Update on Utah Lake Issue

For your information
Reed
--------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Wayne Martinson" <wmart.dsawyer@aros.net>
To: "Reed L. Stone" <sage2222@juno.com>
Cc: "Robin Tuck" <robin@utahnature.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 15:12:50 -0600
Subject: Re: Update on Utah Lake Issue

Reed (with an e-mail copy to Robin),

I just wanted to update you a little bit on the Utah Lake Issue.

Perhaps, quite a bit of this you have received from Sean Phelan with the
Utah Land and Water Fund.  The intervention was filed in court last
Wednesday.  Those entities who signed on to the intervention were
National
Audubon Society, Great Salt Lake Audubon, Trout Unlimited, Glenn Foreman
and
Sam Rushforth.

I realize that Utah County Birders was prepared to sign on to the
intervention, but in talking with Reed over a week ago, I know there were
serious reservations about signing the agreement with the Land and Water
Fund.  (Just to let you know that agreement has been modified some more
since Reed last looked at it.)  In any case, I certainly appreciate your
concern about Utah Lake and Provo Bay.

A couple of things will be coming up.  The court status hearing will be
on
Wednesday July 16.  And we are considering a having a press conference at
Utah Lake, perhaps next Tuesday July 22.  I have talked with Merrill Webb
about this press conference as well.

I am planning to keep you both updated as this issue moves along, with at
least periodic updates from myself or others such as Sean Phelan with the
Land and Water Fund.

Please let me know if you have any questions or if I can respond to any
concerns you might have.

        Wayne