Fwd: backyard birder

Birdnet Email -- from the website
----Original Message Follows----
It was submitted by (bcwells@indigita.com) on Sunday, May 18, 2003 at 09:29:02

Subject: backyard birder

Email_Address: bcwells@indigita.com

Message: I am a young mother, trying to teach my son about birds. We have spotted several near our Provo home, among them many European Starlings and a great tailed grackle. There is one bird that alludes us, however--I cannot find out what it is. It is probably common enough, but I couldn't find pictures of them on the website. It is a medium sized bird with a long tail. Its belly is white, and the main body is black, with bright blue markings-more easily seen when the wings are spread. How can I find out what this is? Thanks for your help.

Please respond to bcwells@indigita.com