Cardinal

I hiked up around Red-butte Gardens this afternoon in search of the cardinal, and after a bit of exploring I was able to locate it.  I rounded a bend and found it sitting in a scrub oak just off of the trail.  I noticed that the bird was quite tame, and in fact it was so tame that I was able to approach it and touch it.  The fact that it was a Christmas Tree ornament greatly aided in this endeavor.  It is a fairly good replica, and it had me excited for a second or two.  In any case, I had a great hike and a spectacular view of the sunset.

Matt Thorum