FW: Capian terns

Birdnet Email -- from the website

----Original Message Follows----
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 21:33:25 -0600 (MDT)

It was submitted by schijf@sisna.com

Subject: Capian terns

Email_Address: schijf@sisna.com

Message: On July 3 I saw a pair of Caspian Terns in with some gulls on the
south end of the Upper Enterprise Reservoir in Washington County. I had seen
a single bird down on the Lower Reservoir earlier this spring. Last summer I
saw 3 Caspians at the Upper Reservoir.

Last Saturday July 9 I saw a lone Caspian Tern at Kolob reservoir, out on a
log on the Lake.

Prior to last year I had cannot recall ever seeing this species in the area,
although I'm sure they been recorded previously in Washington County.

I have read reports that they are expanding their range.

They are quite spectacular (for a tern!).