Painted Redstart at Beaver Dam Wash

Hello,

Today (4/19) Larry Tripp and I started at Lytle Ranch and spent much of the
day hiking up the Beaver Dam Wash.  The highlight was a singing Painted
Redstart approximately one mile north of the Lytle Ranch boundary. It was
exactly at the point where surface flows start on the Beaver Dam Wash, in
the willows near the deep pool (the wash is dry upstream from this pool).
We also a Cassin's Kingbird near the Lytle Ranch orchard.

If anyone would like additional information, please do not hesitate to
contact me.

Happy Easter,

Rick Fridell
Hurricane, UT

Complete list of birds observed at Lytle and along the Beaver Dam Wash:

Double-crested Cormorant (flock of 24 flying high overhead up BDW).
Turkey Vulture
Redhead (male in pool along wash).
Sharp-shinned Hawk
Cooper's Hawk
Common Black-Hawk (2)
Red-tailed Hawk
Golden Eagle
American Kestrel
Merlin
Killdeer
Franklin's Gull (single bird also moving up the BDW high overhead).
Mourning Dove
Black-chinned Hummingbird
Broad-tailed Hummingbird
Belted Kingfisher
Ladder-back Woodpecker
Gray Flycatcher (2)
Black Phoebe (4)
Say's Phoebe
Ash-throated Flycatcher
Cassin's Kingbird
Western Kingbird
Loggerhead Shrike (Beaver Dam Slope Road)
Bell's Vireo (3 singing males)
Violet-green Swallow
N. Rough-winged Swallow
Barn Swallow
Verdin
Cactus Wren (Beaver Dam Slope Road)
Rock Wren
Bewick's Wren
Ruby-crowned Kinglet
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher
Mountain Bluebird (Beaver Dam Slope Road)
Cedar Waxwing
Phainopepla
Virginia's Warbler
Lucy's Warbler
Yellow Warbler
Yellow-rumped Warbler (including a "Myrtle")
Painted Redstart
Brewer's Sparrow (Beaver Dam Slope Road)
Black-throated Sparrow
Red-winged Blackbird
Hooded Oriole
Lesser Goldfinch