Relocated Eurasian Collared-Doves in Washington

Hello,
Last evening (11/6 @ 5:45 pm), I re-located the Eurasian Collared-Doves in
Washington City, (Wash. Co. UT). Dennis Shirley found these birds last week,
and after a few unsuccessful searches over the last couple of days I finally
found five doves last night.  Previously I made a few mid-day attempts to
locate the doves, so perhaps, searching in the evening was the difference.
They were perched on the tall power lines along Main Street, both East and
West of Telegraph Road. Dennis originally saw them in the dead trees along
Main Street west of Telegraph Road.

Eurasian Collared-Doves seem to be rapidly expanding into Utah (and other
western states). Several individual doves have been reported from various
areas around Utah over the last couple of years and in June 2002, Steve
Summers located several in nearby Fredonia, Arizona. However, these are the
first I have seen in Washington County.

Nice find Dennis, and thank you.

Rick Fridell,
Hurricane, UT