Bountiful Landfill Gulls

Several birders met at Bountiful Landfill in Davis County today for the
opportunity to sift through the garbage, errrr, I mean the gulls, to
find winter rarities.  We had great light and weather for the task.  In
addition to the usual California, Ring-billed, and Herring, we also saw
THAYER'S, GLAUCOUS, and a possible GLAUCOUS-WINGED x HERRING.  We were
very much aided by the expertise and spotting skills of Cliff and Lisa
Weisse and Tim Avery.  Other participants included Glenn Barlow, John
Bellmon, Bill Fenimore, Steve Sommerfeld, and me.

Tim also spotted two collared Canada Geese north of the landfill in
Farmington Bay.  I was warned not to get too excited about reporting
them because alas, the distance didn't allow us to read the collar
codes.