Trumpeter Swan's, Fish Springs

I secured a for sure Trumpeter Swan this morning when I came across 2
adult TRUMPETER SWAN, opn the north end of Mallard Unit at Fish
Springs National Wildlife Refuge.  Despite weather reports it was
sunny and clear most of the day.  Other birds of note at the refuge
were:

4 Great Egret
6 or 7 White-faced Ibis
1 Bald Eagele (north of Egret Unit)
2 Rough-legged Hawk
4 American Tree Sparrow (at the visitor center)
1 Townsend's Solitaire (at the visitor center)
100~ Tundra Swan

Most of the water at the refuge was open and almost all the waterfowl
were on Egret, including over 700 American Wigeon (time for a Eurasian
anyone????).  I talked to Jay, and he said things had been a little
slow, the CBC turned up around 45 species last weekend.

Also of interest were 4 Short-eared Owl on the Pony Express Route, and
a Barn Owl on SR 201 jsut before it connects to I-80 Westbound.

I dont think I forgot anything, but if I did I can always send out another post!

Good Birding

Tim