GW Gull and Winter Wren

This morning I met up with Sylvia Gray at the Bountiful Landfill.
Plenty of mud, and a lil' more mud, and then some mud, oh yeah and did
I mention the mud?  Ok, you get the idea.  The best bird was a
GLAUCOUS-WINGED GULL which I saw for about 6 seconds, before it flew
with the other 10,000 gulls on garbage mountain.  We did however get
good looks at several adult THAYER's GULL in flight, as well as a 2nd
winter bird 15 feet from my car.  Herring, Ring-billed and California
were as always, "plentiful".  At the entrance to the dump a
GREAT-TAILED GRACKLE graced us as it flew by, then into the distance.
In the trees at the corner of 1600 North and 1100 West (right before
you get to the dump), were 5 COMMON GRACKLE... Expansion seems to be
succesful (I guess this is an arguable statement).

Based off a tip from Pomera Fronce I ran over to City Creek Canyon and
picked up a WINTER WREN (not literally, but that would be nice), jsut
above site # 5 on the south side of the creek... other than that I saw
only Brown Creeper, BC Chickadee and a lone Sharpie on the north side
of the canyon...

And as they say, off to find another bird before it gets dark!

Good Birding

Tim
http://www.timaverybirding.com
http://www.birdingwyoming.org
Salt Lake City, Utah

"I cannot help but think a curious event is this life of mine."
- John James Audubon