Cackling Goose in SL County

This morning at 7:20 am I spotted a lone Cackling Goose with around 500
Canada Geese at Decker Lake.  At 8:30 I returned with Jim Rafferty who
also was able to see the bird.  I digiscoped a couple shots which I will
add to my site later.

The bird was last seen flying with a flock of Canada Geese to the east.
There were several hundred Parvipes, subspecies of Canada in the lake as
well.  I am assuming that the birds are using Decker Lake for a rest
area at night before, heading towards Jordan River to feed during the
day.  It may be worth checking early tomorrow.

We also saw a female Hooded Merganser, and a pair or Cinnamon Teal near
the Oxbow on the Jordan River.

At 2100 south was a lone Bald Eagle!

Good Birding

Tim
http://www.timaverybirding.com
http://www.birdingwyoming.org
Salt Lake City, Utah

"I cannot help but think a curious event is this life of mine."
- John James Audubon