Utah Co. red-naped sapsucker, SL Co. ferruginous hawk

A very healthy, good-looking red-naped sapsucker was seen at about 4:15
this afternoon in northeast Provo, about 0.75 miles due south of the
Riverwoods mall. This species is listed as RW; I could not find any
late record information for northern Utah but I'd guess that its RW
status is based primarily on the occurence of the birds in Washington
county.

Since Kris mentioned ferruginous hawks, one was seen early yesterday
afternoon atop a power pole about 1 mile east of the visitor's
entrsance to the Bingham canyon copper mine.

Lu Giddings