Northern Pygmy-Owl

Hi,

Bob Huntington and I braved one last trip around the Nebo Loop today. Our
target was a Northern Pygmy-Owl, and darned if we didn't find one. It is snow
packed and a little scary. We did not go quite to the top. We found a
turnaround  close to the top and played a call at several of the heavy pine stands on
the  way down. Got a return call and chased probably three that were calling
back  before finally finding one. And finally is an appropriate word.

We went home via Woodland Hills and saw four Lewis' Woodpeckers there.  Great
day.

Jack Binch