NORTHERN SHRIKE at East Canyon

I ran up to East Canyon this morning to see what was kicking around.
Along SR 65 right before the big pool that goes under the road, a
NORTHERN SHRIKE was seen crossing the road and then perching in a scrub
oak.  I took several pictures of the bird.  On the "pool" were 3 HOODED
MERGANSER, 1 male and 2 female.  On the lake were nearly 2 dozen
BARROW's GOLDENEYE, about as many COMMON GOLDENEYE, and just as many
COMMON MERGANSER.  Also on the lake was a lone COMMON LOON still
changing into basic plumage.

At Mountain Dell Reservoir, were about 50 RING-NECKED DUCK, 25 COMMON
GOLDENEYE, and 4 AMERICAN WIGEON.

Good Birding

Tim
http://www.timaverybirding.com