SHORT-BILLED DOWITCHER at Bear River

All I have to say is SHOREBIRD BONANZA!  I headed up to Bear River NWR this
morning and was treated to a plethro of shorebirds.  2 SHORT-BILLE DDOWITCHER's
were seen with a flock of about 600 Long-billed Dowitcher's in Unit 3, where
the dike heads to the east splitting the unit in half.  The birds were on the
northside of that dike.  The two birds, were still fairly orange, and showed
heavy
barring on the sides, and a white belly.  Look for the dowitcher's at this spot
and in Unit 2, about 1/2 north of this spot.  There were nearly 900 LB
Dowitcher's in this area, and the two flocks seemed to be moving back and forth
between the two areas.  Also in this same area in Unit 2 were 105+ MARBLED
GODWIT.  This is the most I have seen in a single location at once.  Also in
this area and along the auto tour loop between Unit 2 and 3 were:

8 Greater Yellowlegs
2 Lesser Yellowlegs
1 Snowy Plover
1 Least Sandpiper (I didn't fair much better here on peeps Kris!)
Spotted Sandpiper
Killdeer
Black-necked Stilt
American Avocet
Spotted Sandpiper
150+ Phalarope Sp. (flyby)
2 Long-billed Curlew

A total of 14 Shorebirds at Bear River

Look for another post about Antelope Island

Good Birding

Tim

Salt Lake City, UT and Southwest, WY
http://www.timaverybirding.com