Northern Waterthrush, Black & White Warbler, Cassin's Vireo

Today while birding Antelope Island and the causeway, I saw 57 species in a little over 3 hours. I saw the birds that Carol, Donna and Letitia reported (the NORTHERN WATERTHRUSH was a lifer) as well as a BLACK & WHITE WARBLER, CASSIN'S VIREO, WESTERN TANAGER, BLUE-GRAY GNATCATCHER, etc. The owlets have left the nest that was roped off on the south side and are roosting in the trees nearby. The younger owlets are still in the nest by the parking lot.

Thanks to Lu Giddings for letting me know the N. Waterthrush was still there so that I spent the necessary time to see it. It was very elusive and took over 2 1/2 hours to finally see it.

Cheryl Peterson
Provo