northern waterthrush still at Garr Ranch this morning; cassin's vireo, and dunlin

The northern waterthrush was still at Garr Ranch this morning. It was
singing when I arrived shortly after 10 a.m. but stopped after a few
minutes. It did not sing again for nearly an hour, at which time it was
seen on a low-lying branch in one of the large russian olive trees in
the northeast corner of the marshy area. A cassin's vireo was also
observed in the marshy area during this time. I also *thought* I heard a
varied thursh calling for a brief interval during my hunt for the
waterthrush but I could never find it, so keep your eyes open, just in
case. And finally, a lone dunlin was seen in the company of roughly 100
sanderlings (and also a few western sandpipers) in the rusty culvert
area on the north side of the causeway between MM 1 & 2 at about 12:30
p.m.

Lu Giddings