Varied Thrush

The VARIED THRUSH that Ned Hill reported hearing a couple of mornings ago
was heard again on Tuesday and seen on  Wednesday  (3.30.05,  9am) in the
same area in the northeast corner of Rock Canyon Park (NOT Rock Canyon
Trailhead Park where we usually go birding)  in Provo (UT Co).  To get
there, go to the top of Provo Temple and instead of going east to the
canyon, go north on Iroquois Drive to 2620 N, which is on the north side
of the park. Go east on 2620 N to Foothill Dr. I saw the thrush in the
yard of the house at the corner of 2620 N and Foothill Dr. A beautifull
male, sitting on the top of a gray cazebo structure, singing his distinct
song. Listen for the song and you'll find him somewhere in that area.
Good luck   ~   Tuula