Blue-Headed Vireo at Willard Bay

At about 11:30 am on Sunday (24 Oct.), Harold John (of MO) and I saw an apparent Blue-headed Vireo at Willard Bay SP. We watched it devour a very large dragonfly for about 15-20 minutes in the brush to the north of campsite 29 in the new campground (Cottonwood CG). David Wheeler and Larene Wyss tell me that they saw the bird later the same day, and that it moved to the north into the hedge to the south of the pond in the old campground.

Also at Willard Bay, we saw a Nashville Warbler behind campsite 19 in the old (Willow Creek) campground, and a Swamp Sparrow across from campsite 15 in the old campground.

The Brant was also in the same place at Bear River Refuge Sunday morning.

Good birding!

Mark Stackhouse
westwings@sisna.com
801-487-9453 (Salt Lake City, Utah)
011-52-323-285-12-43 (San Blas, Nayarit, Mexico)