Long-tailed Jaeger

This notice is long past due, but I wanted to get permission to post the email address of the person who made this sighting.  Don Ruh saw a long-tailed jeager around the shoreline of Pelican Lake on 9/29 and again on 10/1.  He said the bird still had breeding head feathers but non-breeding tail feathers.  Waterfowl season opened on 10/2 so it is likely the bird was chased off.  He was wondering if anyone else may have saw it.  I don't have any more information other than what I provided.  You can contact him at ruh530@netzero.com but he is on the road and doesn't have an opportunity to check his email very often.

Diane Penttila
Ouray NWR
Refuge Biologist