Williamson's Sapsuckers

I got three good looks this morning of an adult male Williamson's Sapsucker at mile 45.3 of the Mirror Lake Highway (UT 150).
This bird, with its unmistakable solid black back, was passing thru mixed timber where I have seen Red-naped Sapsuckers many times.

I had a female or juvenile WS at mile 48.7 August 25. This is the intersection of the Mirror Lake Highway and the North Slope Road.
The North Slope Road usually has WS around the Carter Creek area especially where Hill Air Force Base has their summer camp.

Tim Gorman