Great Gray Owl

Fellow Birdnuts,

At approximately 10 a.m. this morning I seen and photographed an adult Great Gray Owl.
It was in the Bridger-Teton National Forest east of Cokeville Wyoming on FS road #10062 1/4 of a mile from the Kelly Guard Station lane.
It is T 26N, R 118W, sec 12.
I took photos of it with a 35mm camera using a 115mm lens from 50 to 25 feet away as it sat on a dead tree limb on the road's edge near a small meadow.
It acted as if it had a full belly.
I took the 5th photo at 25 feet then it flew about 50 yards into the thick timber and landed again in some lodgepole pines
I did not pursue it any further.

I will forward the pics of this bird, and a Western Screech Owl at 20 feet, after they are developed and scanned.

In the last 12 hours I visuals on these owls:
2-Western Screech
1-Long-eared
3-Great Horned
1-N. Pigmy
1-Burrowing

I have an unusual audible of an owl hooting then barking "eeeyow" that was unfamiliar to me. I wish I could have recorded it. I think it was trying to imitate an elk!

Tim Gorman
Evanston, Wyoming