grasshopper sparrows

Hi Everyone,

I made a drive up to the Nucor steel plant today, but alas was unable to
find any sparrows.  I did here them call 3-4 times but they were not
coming out of cover.  I even tried to flush them, walking all over the
field.  It was about noon and the wind was already howling and dust filled
the air.  I think they were hunkered down, preparing for the cold front
coming in.  I did see some nice Lark sparrows, scared 2 Killdeer, saw 2
beautiful Swainson's hawks fly up and over my car and watched a pair of
Western kingbirds having a very fun time!  There were also hundreds of
swallows over the water-eating before the storm?  Will try again later and
maybe get lucky.

Good Birding,

Sue Hinde

ghinde@comcast.net