[no subject]

I knew if I left for a few days the sky would fallout-
the Bronze Cowbird would show up for sure, and it did,
plus there would be the unexpected - Lawrence's
Goldfinch fits this title. But that's a birders life!
You just can't be everywhere in prime spring time.
But want a real life birding chase? Try this! Leave
home at 4:00am, catch an early flight to San Antonio,
Texas,via Las Vegas, be picked up at the airport by
your son who has the car packed, drive about half way
back to Las Vegas {560 miles] to Big Bend National
Park,arriving at just after midnight, set up a quick
camp and get your gear together,sleep fitfully, get up
three hours later,and hike in the dark and daylight a
total of 11 miles up into the tops of the Chisos
Mountains. To crazy birders like some of us, it was
just another day at the office, and the effort was
worth it. We {Kevin Colver, Darren Shirley, and
myself] observed and recorded the hardest to get to
breeding warbler in ABA, the COLIMA WARBLER. We slept
alot better the second night out.
Having just read 51 birding reports on this machine, I
can't take anymore time to report the rest of the
story {trip]. There's work to be done! See ya in the
field.
Dennis Shirley