Snow & Ross's Geese

This morning I was waliking along the Jordan River around 9 am behind the farms on the west side of the river between the Decker Canal and 2320 South Docking Park. When several large flocks of Canada Geese flew overhead coming from the south (Around Parley's Creek Outlet Area). I don't know what made so many of the fly up from the river at once, but I always check the flocks out for unusual birds. I found a single Snow and Ross's Goose in among them. They were flying close together so I could compare the two. Also along the trail by the canal to the west of the river I saw two Hermit Thrush in the Russian Olive trees. I drove to Farmington Bay to see the Bald Eagles, I haven't seen any this year along the river, I saw large numbers of them. I spotted one Golden Eagle with them but they could have been more. I also saw Herring Gulls and American Trees Sparrows.

Jack Holley