FW: Davis Co. 1-16-03

Birdnet Email -- from the website

----Original Message Follows----
It was submitted by Julie

Subject: Davis Co. 1-16-03

Message: Pomera and I birded in Davis Co. yesterday. At the Bountiful dump we saw the Thayer's Gull but not anything else of interest. Kaysville Ponds had a nice assortment of ducks--Ring-necked, Gadwall, American Wigeon, Hooded Mergansers ((7 males and 2 females), Bufflehead, etc. Antelope Causeway held nothing new but we did see the drake Long-tailed Duck and 6 hens--he's quite a beauty! A Loggerhead Shrike was down on the sand along the causeway chasing a bug--fun to watch. American Tree Sparrows and a Rock Wren were along the road to the ranch, Only a Magpie and a Robin at the ranch itself. We saw three coyotes along the road also.

Good birding y'all,
Julie