Utah after an absence

Greetings Utah birders!

It's been 5 years since I left Zion NP in southern Utah for other
endeavors. I've missed many of you in that interim, as well as many of
the great birds of Utah. I'll be visiting Cedar City and Zion over
Christmas and I'm looking for information on the birding hotspots in
southern Utah. Has much changed in the past five years? (old spots
unavailable, new areas to check out?) Also, when are the local CBC's in
that area (Zion, St. George, Cedar). Though it might be tough to get
away from the family for a whole day, I'd love to join up with someone
if a group needs a fairly experienced if a bit rusty Utah birder.

I can be reached off list if you prefer at pruettm@missouri.edu or
pruett@socket.net.

ANY information you might provide about current birding in southern Utah
will be much appreciated.

Otherwise, have a happy and safe holiday season.
May warm toes, great birds, and pleasant company be with you!

Shane Pruett
Columbia, MO