Reddish Egret!!!

At about 6:00 PM tonight there was a Immature Redish Egret at Gunlock Res. in Washington County. I first saw the bird near the inflow at the North end. After watching it for about 15 minutes I rushed home to get a camera. When I got back It had moved to the far side of the lake. I wasn't able to get very close at that point, but I did get some photos of the bird standing next to some Avocets for size comparison. I did get to see the bird dashing around like a typical Redish Egret will do. It is a very nice bird. I hope it will stay around for awhile.

I plan to go there tomorrow after work to see if it is still there. I will keep you posted if anyone is planning to be in the area this weekend.

Larry Tripp