Townsend's Warbler

I saw a Townsend's Warbler today on Skyline Trail that runs from the North Ogden Divide to Pineview Marina on Pineview Reservoir.  I was 1-1/2 to 2 miles south of the Skyline trailhead and between 6500' and 7000' of elevation.  The bird was hopping through outer boughs of a Douglas fir.  It was a female or first-year bird based on the lack of black throat and paler (paler than the male's black, anyway) appearance of the remainder of the head plumage.  The broad supercillium and malar stripe was bright yellow and the breast was yellow as well. The bird also had two distinct white wing bars on gray wings that continued to a gray tail.

Kris