Reddish Egret still at Gunlock Res.

I watched the Reddish Egret tonight from 6:00 to 7:00 pm. It was again in the Shallows at the N. end of the lake. But at 10:00 am today a local birder at it near the dam.

There seems to be a good supply of food with all the minnows in the shallow North end of the lake. That may help to keep it around for a few days. I watched it running around stirring up and catching fish tonight for about 30 minutes. The small lake does get crowded with people fishing and boating on weekends so hopefully the doesn't scare the bird away.

Larry Tripp