redstart, bunting, others

We went to Ouray NWR this weekend.  On the way (Sunday) we stopped at the
park in Charleston (Heber Valley) and saw a male Common Grackle.  Also
saw numerous Bobolinks in the fields west of the Other End bar in Heber.

The birding this morning at Ouray NWR was great.  The highlights were
American Bittern, Indigo Bunting and Green Heron.  The Indigo Bunting was
seen along the road to Leola Bottoms (in the first group of trees and
marsh past the end of the auto tour loop). The Green Heron was near the
end of the auto tour loop, on an island in the Green River.  From the top
of the observation tower the Bittern could be seen and heard calling.
Also seen on the refuge were Blue-winged Teal, Yellow-breasted Chats,
Black Terns, Eastern Kingbirds (everywhere), Prairie Falcon, Blue
Grosbeak and Willow Flycatcher (70 species total).

On the way home this evening we stopped at the B.O.R./Jordanelle Wetlands
and found a singing male American Redstart, in the same spot (seen from
dirt road along river) as reported previously for today.

Joel and Kathy