Bobolink in Ogden Valley

After seeing the Bobolink in the North Fields around Heber Saturday, I thought surely the Ogden Valley would provide the proper habitat as well.  I found several Bobolink on the north side of UT 39, and 1/2 mile east of the turn toward Monte Cristo.  I pulled off the road at a rusty mailbox with the street number 8117.  I could see Bobolink due north but they were so far away I couldn't hear them.  I returned west to the intersection of UT 39, 100S into Huntsville, and 7800 East, and followed 7800 East exactly a half mile north, as if I was headed to Middle Fork WMA.  I turned east onto an unmarked dirt road through the fields.  The dirt road was across the street from 617N 7800E, a house that's for sale.  The road was obviously intended for farm vehicles.  I used 4WD to get through mud puddles that would have swallowed a small car.  I had great views of both a male and a female on the fence line as the fence stretched out in front of me.  Other males were much farther away.  They both circled fields and landed in the grass, invisible.  I was able to see them about a half mile further north from a subdivision road called Middle Fork Meadows.  I had to use the scope and look south to pick them out again.   I doubt I saw more than six birds, between all three spots I surveyed.

The habitat is identical to the North Fields, complete with winnowing Common Snipe, singing Savannah Sparrrows, and of course, the Bobolink.

Kris