Sage Sparrow

March 24, 2003

Because I didn't get a good look at the SAGE SPARROW last Saturday on the
west side of the Provo Airport Dike, I went again after work.  Between 5:00
and 5:30 p.m., the SAGE SPARROW presented prolonged and close views about
200 yards north of the dike's southwest corner.  Also on the dike road were
two CHUKARS.  My first swallows in Utah for the year on the dike--NORTHERN
ROUGH-WINGED.  RED-BREASTED MERGANSERS, BUFFLEHEADS, and LESSER SCALPS were
in the airport's moat on the dike road along with other more common species.

Alton Thygerson