Southern Utah Report

Lana Harris and I birded Southern Utah a few days last week.  We were able to find most of the unusual birds previously reported including the Yellow-bellied Sapsucker, Greater Scaup and Anna's Hummingbird.  We saw many of the area specialties and were treated to a few surprises like the Black-throated Sparrows and White-throated Swifts.  We found a White-winged Dove on 100 East in Washington and the Inca Doves were still at Brentwood.  It was nice to see our first Turkey Vulture of the year although Bob Huntington told me he's already seen one up north.  It's a great time to be out birding, but then isn't it always.

Pomera