More birds are back

On Sat. morning at Lytle there was a Common Black-Hawk in the upper area along the creek. The bird was calling a lot I guess calling to a mate although I only saw one bird or just letting everyone know that this is his area. There was also numerous Lucy's Warblers that were singing along with the usual desert species that are around. It is really beautiful out in the desert right now with the recent rains we've had,the wildflowers and the grasses are adding some nice color! The Y B Sapsucker was also still there but I wouldn't think It will be around much longer.

Today up on the Kolob road there was a Black-chinned Sparrow that was back on territory singing it was up the road about 4 miles from UT 9. Farther up near the top(till I ran into snow on the road)I saw some of the Mountain birds in the area like Chickadees,Nuthatches,Bluebirds. It was a very nice Spring weekend in Southern Utah I wish tomorrow was Saturday so I could start over again,
Larry