Eurasian Wigeon

This afternoon, 3/22, we observed a male Eurasian Wigeon at Farmington
Bay WMA.  It was seen from the entrance road, south of the maintainence
buildings, where it makes a 90-degree turn to the west.  Park in front of
the locked gate at the curve, and look southeast to the water channel on
the far side of the reedy marsh area.  The Eurasian Wigeon was in this
channel, along with several American Wigeon and a few other ducks.  The
channel is separated from the main pond by an earthen dike.  Numerous
Tundra Swans were on the other side of this dike, on the main pond.
Because of the distance, a scope is necessary.
We also visited the Henefer Lek this morning (sorry we missed KC and
Eric), and were treated to some wonderful Greater Sage Grouse mating
displays.  About 40 birds total -- 30 male, 10 female.

Joel and Kathy Beyer