Gunnison Bend Res - Gray Catbird

Gunnison Bend Reservoir, near Delta, Millard Co., Sunday, 3/9:

It was a beautiful day for birding, or just being out of doors, after being stuck in the office for seven loonnngggg days straight. I birded the area from 1:30 ? 6:00 p.m. and recorded 33+ species.

There are still plenty of Snow Geese hanging around; also, a lot of Ross?.

The previously reported Black Phoebe is still in the area.

The highlight of my day was a Gray Catbird. It was feeding on Russian Olives in the same area that the Black Phoebe has been reported. I was watching the Phoebe when I noticed the Catbird. This was the first Catbird I have observed in Millard Co.

Enjoy!

David Allan

Oak City