Rufous-crowned Sparrow

Today was a fabulous day to be out birding at Zion. There were many of the usual birds that us Southern Utah birders go there for. Both Kinglets,both Chickadees,Dippers,Juniper Titmouse and some of the other montane birds that are there this time of year. Also I had one maybe two Rufous-crowned Sparrows on the sand bench trail which was a first in Utah for me. They are much paler then the coastal race that I'm used to seeing. Also at Springdale pond there is still a Yellow-shafted Flicker that looks like a pure bird not a hybrid that I first saw there about a month ago.
Good birding,
Larry Tripp