Ogden Valley Birding

I birded several spots in Ogden Valley today; it was a great day to be
out.  Jefferson Hunt Campground on UT 39 was alive with birdsong when I
arrived at about 9:00.  I saw and heard Red-Winged Blackbirds, Song
Sparrows, Red-Shafted Flickers, Chickadees, Dark-Eyed Juncos, Magpies,
House Finches, American Goldfinches, and Starlings.  I also saw a
Red-Tailed Hawk engaged in nest-building, a Great Blue Heron, two Bald
Eagles including a first year bird that let me approach quite close,
Canada Geese, and Common Goldeneye.  I heard Pine Siskins, but never saw
them.  At Powder Mountain Ski Area I saw Mountain Chickadees and a
Golden-Crowned Kinglet, and North Fork Park in Liberty produced a Cassin's
Finch, a Townsend's Solitaire, three moose, and a dead battery.

Good birds; bad truck.