Great Salt Lake Shorelands Preserve

Date: Thursday, February 20, 2003
Subject: Franklin's gull photo???
Email_Address: eyork@tnc.org

Hello, I hope it is okay to post this request through your birdnet hotline. We are in the process of designing and building a simple visitor center at our 3,800 acre Great Salt Lake Shorelands Preserve. The boardwalk, interpretive panels and 2 story viewing tower will provide visitors with opportunities to experience and learn more about this amazing ecosystem. We have nearly completed our interpretive panel designs, featuring six birds - Franklin's gull, long-billed curlew, American avocet, Wilson's phalarope, white-faced ibis, and snowy plover. Ideally, we'd like to include a beautiful photo of Franklin's gulls in flight, but haven't been able to locate one. If any of you know of a suitable photo or of a photographer who might have such a photo, please contact me by email at The Nature Conservancy. By the way, for all of you interested birders, our visitor center will be open to the public in the summer of 2003. Details can be found at our website: www.nature.org/utah . Thanks for your help!

Elaine York, The Nature Conservancy