Black Rosy Finch

Julie VanMoorhem and I went up to Alta on Thursday in search of the Rosy Finches.  We felt certain about identifying the Gray-Crowned, but because of the flat light were uncertain about the Black.  I went back on Friday and got a much better look at the birds and was able to pick out one Black in a flock of about 25 Gray-Crowned.  If anyone needs information on location, let me know.  Other birds of interest were Clark's Nutcrackers, Hairy and Downy Woodpeckers and tons of Mountain Chickadees.

Also went to Brighton today.  The Pine Grosbeaks were still right where Dennis reported them to be earlier in the week.  There were many other nice birds including Red-breasted Nuthatches, a pair of Hairy Woodpeckers, and a Downy Woodpecker.

Pomera