Salt Lake County birds

Josh Kreitzer and myself went birding today. We went to Mehraben Wetlands in Draper first. We saw the Wood Ducks there, also there was a pair of Snipe and a Kingfisher. We then went to Alta where we saw about 50-100 Rosy-Finches, I am pretty sure they were all Gray-Crowned Rosy-Finches, we didn't see any Black. Also there Siskens, Nutcrackers, Stellar Jays, Mountain Chickadees and a Hairy Woodpecker in the vicinity. We then went down to the Jordan River at 2230 south. We saw waterfowl here. The rarest being Barrow's Goldeneye. We then went to the city cemetery looking for the sapsucker. We had no luck though. We did see Red Breasted Nuthatches, and both species of chickadee and plenty of Magpies. Great day. And were back with plenty of time to get to work and school. What a great day.

KC Childs

Do you Yahoo!?