Millard County

I stopped off at Clear Lake WMA and Gunnison Bend
Reservoir on my way home from St. George.
At Clear Lake I found a small covey of Quail.  They
were far enough in front of me that I was not able to
figure out if they were Gambel's or California.
(Sibley's maps indicate they were probably Gambel's
but I'm not sure...)
There were also several Horned Larks with yellow
markings that are as bright as I have ever seen them!
A common bird, but uncommonly beautiful!!!
I struck out on the Black Phoebe at Gunnison Bend, but
I did manage to find a Great Horned Owl that was
roosting in a tree about a quarter mile away from the
reservoir.  And I found just a few less than 20,000
Snow Geese on the reservoir (well, OK, about 19,990
birds less!)

Another great day to be birding!!!
Bruce