Antelope Island

Sunday I stopped to view what I thought might be a shrike sitting with its
back to me in a tree on the road to Garr Ranch and when I scoped it I was
very surprised to see a Northern Mockingbird.  It's probably already been
posted before but since it's the first one I've seen along the Wasatch
front, I decided I'd report it.  It wasn't singing but it seemed to be
murmuring a little (probably about the cold.)  It was in the trees on the
east side of the road about one mile south of the Mountain View trail road
(give or take a quarter mile).

Also, there were many pronghorns around that same area and again up by
Garr Ranch. Nice to get a glimpe of Antelope Island's mascot once in a
while.

Carol Davis