Ross' Goose

There have been two white geese hanging out intermittently with the Canadas
just north of the IHC corporate building, a couple of miles west of
Bangerter at 23rd South, in SLC.  You enter the business park at the first
light south of SR 201, and turn west.  Follow the winding (not yellow brick)
road around until you reach the IHC building, which
 is a large structure to your right.  There is visitor parking fairly close
to the building.  Take the walking path to the north of the building that
follows a canal.  You will be looking across at a golf course.  The geese
hang out in the late afternoon;  check around 2:30 or 3:00 p.m., and seem to
move from this area to the next pond over, by the Discover Card building.
One of the geese, I believe is a Ross' based on the blue visible at the base
of the bill, and the pale gray wash on the top of the head and the back.
The other could also be a Ross', but frankly, I'm not sure.  There was a
gale force wind this afternoon, and it was hard to scope.  The other goose
doesn't have the blue on the bill, but there was not a significant
difference in bill size or overall size between the two geese.  If anyone
else wants to go and give another opinion, that would be wonderful.  The
geese are not there every day, and it took 3 tries.  Good birding!  Carol
Gwynn