rosy-finches

Hello fellow birders,

Have been enjoying your recent postings.  Last Saturday my husband (Dave
Deutch) and I saw a flock of rosy-finches in a tree just below the
Hidden Lake Lodge at the top of Powder Mountain ski area.  However, it
was a brief look, and we weren't sure which type they were.  Today (Jan.
16) he went back and saw a definite gray-crowned rosy-finch on the
ground in the parking lot at Hidden Lake Lodge.  If you're driving up
there, turn right just before the condos at the top parking lot for
Powder Mountain.  The road from that point on is mostly snow-covered,
but a 2-wheel drive vehicle can probably make it.

Last Saturday we also saw a pair of blue grouse while cross country
skiing about 1 1/2 miles from the Hidden Lake Lodge parking lot.  There
were tracks in the downhill ski area too, so it might be worth a look
around.

Leslie Loeffel